It may be hard to overstate how convenient power tools are. There are still certain manual tools that are essential for woodworkers. Among these are the best hand saws for cutting wood. Even though it is a simple tool, the hand saw is highly versatile both indoors and outdoors. A reliable and sturdy hand saw is essential for any woodworker, whether they are professionals or DIYers.
How should the best hand saw be used to cut wood? There are a lot of options on the market, so it isn’t a difficult question to answer.
Here are 10 hand saw reviews accompanied by a detailed buying guide to help you narrow it down.
10 Best Hand Saws for Cutting Wood 2022
Here are our picks of the best woodworking hand saws, based on months of research, deliberation, and discussion. This list may come in handy (heh).
|WilFiks Pro Hand Saw||Weight: 13.6 ounces|
Blade Length: 16 Inches
Color: Black, Green
|GreatNeck N2610 TPI Crosscut Saw||Weight: 1.65 Pounds|
Brand: Great Neck
Blade Length: 26 Inches
|Shark Corp 10-2312-Carpentry Saw||Weight: 0.5 Pounds|
Brand: Shark Corp
Blade Length: 12 Inches
Color: Silver, Black
|Stanley Fatmax Hand Saw||Weight: 14.8 Ounces|
Blade Length: 15 Inches
|IRWIN Tools Universal Handsaw||Weight: 12.8 Ounces|
Blade Length: 15 Inches
|BLACK-DECKER Electric Hand Saw||Weight: 5.59 Pounds|
Item Dimension: 17.1 x 8 x 5.5 inches
|LENOX Tools High Tension Hacksaw||Weight: 1.85 Pounds|
Brand: Lenox Tools
Blade Length: 12 Inches
|WORX WX427L- Compact Circular Saw||Weight: 5.07 pounds|
Blade Length: 4.7 Inches
|SUIZAN Pull Saw Hand-Saw||Weight: 5.6 Ounces|
Blade Length: 9.5 Inches
Item Dimension: 10.63 x 1.97 x 0.39 inches
|Home Planet Gear Folding Saw||Weight: 10 Ounces|
Brand: Home Planet Gear
Blade Length: 8 Inches
The first saw we have chosen for your consideration is a compact, highly rated 16-inch model. Offering surprising versatility in terms of performance, this hand saw has a sturdy and durable build. In the beginning, it has the ability to cut through a wide array of materials almost effortlessly.
The induction-hardened teeth are ideal for working with wood, plastic, or drywall. In addition, it is especially satisfying to saw with this device since it speeds up the process. Featuring smooth-as-butter edge TPI along its blade, this saw can handle a wide range of sewing tasks without taking up a lot of your time.
As a final note, we’d like to point out that the saw’s ergonomic handle is adjustable for most hand sizes. In addition to ensuring a better grip, it also reduces the risk of slipping, so accidents are also reduced. We appreciate WilFiks for making it possible to simplify the science of woodworking hand saws with this product. In terms of this saw, we have nothing to complain about. So, the best is a hand saw for cutting wood camping.
- To make gripping more comfortable, the handle has been ergonomically designed
- The saw can be used indoors and outdoors for a wide range of sawing operations
- Suitable for cutting wood and drywall as well as plastic pipes
- Due to the induction hardening process, the teeth are exceptionally sharp
- Reduces the risk of accidents with a secure blade design
Among the most popular and highly rated crosscutting saws, the GreatNeck N2610 has outstanding performances. This is the ideal choice if you work with particularly tough materials.
We will begin by discussing the blade. The 26-inch saw measures up well for its size; professionals praise its control and ease of use.
Aside from being extremely durable and sharp, it is made from high-carbon steel. It doesn’t mean that this thing isn’t capable of making finer cuts, just because it’s designed for aggressive and rough cutting. Though it takes up more time, it’s nice to know you’re getting an all-purpose saw. So I recommend you buy the best hand saw for cutting wood trim.
An ergonomic handle would be a welcome addition. Having that fancy word associated with any construction tool purchase can certainly be comforting, but sometimes sacrificing comfort is worth it to get the best results, and this saw definitely delivers on that front.
- Featuring a 26-inch blade made of high carbon steel that is highly durable and sturdy
- Specifically designed for more aggressive cutting operations
- Weather and dampness are inhospitable to the hardwood handle
- Faster cutting with 10 TPI
- Traditional hardwood handle provides an aesthetically pleasing touch
This saw might be the most appropriately named of all the brands we’ve reviewed and will review. While it looks and functions like a traditional ripping saw, its versatility has quickly made it a favorite general-purpose tool. A versatile saw that is well-suited for both internal and external applications, this saw can be used for a variety of cutting tasks.
However, since it is configured at 14 TPI, you can use it for making more detailed cuts as well. In spite of that, it is also useful for cutting detailed shapes, thanks to its 14 TPI configuration. Stainless steel is used in the blade, which makes it both sharp and durable. Moreover, if you notice that the blade is wearing out, simply replacing it is simple, isn’t it?
There is something unique about this saw, including its pistol-style handle, which definitely deserves mention. Besides offering a sturdy grip, you will be able to control the blade as no other saw will. Even though this saw can’t handle super-tough materials, with its versatility and low price, we think it’s still a great purchase. So I recommend the best miter saw for beginners.
- It can be used to cut plastic and wood with varying thicknesses
- Taking advantage of 14 TPI leads to an exceptionally smooth and intricate cutting experience
- By balancing the blade, flush cutting is made efficient
- It is easy to replace the blade if it becomes worn out
- A versatile saw that is ideal for those who need a single tool for multiple purposes
A very small chance exists that you haven’t heard of Stanley if you have been interested in construction tools for a while. In addition to producing high-quality and high-performance tools, they have been credited with producing tools that are popular with both professionals and amateurs.
One of FatMax’s most popular products is logical because this saw is one of their most popular products. With a 15-inch size and a powerful punch, it’s a neat and convenient option for anyone. This saw is nearly unmatched in terms of sharpness and smoothness of cuts thanks to Sharptooth technology and induction-hardened teeth.
Another great feature is the thick blade. Due to the fact that these handsaws are 15% thicker than conventional handsaws, you can expect straighter cuts without worrying about binding. You can also cut much faster with the triple cutting surface than with other brands’ saws. Moreover, as with any respectable hand saw, the handle is ergonomically designed. You won’t need to worry about slippage or fatigue with this saw. Another plus is the yellow and black color scheme.
- Control and precision are enhanced by a 15-inch saw
- Induction-hardened teeth are more durable and sharper
- The Sharptooth sawing technology provides faster cutting
- General-purpose sawing can be performed effectively with 9 TPI configurations
- A non-slip grip is ensured by a thick and comfortable ergonomic handle design
The Irwin saw presented here is one of the most highly-regarded hand saws on the market today, and it is available at a price that is almost unreal. We will look at why this product ends up in numerous lists of the top picks for handsaws. This saw is popular with both DIYers and professional tradesmen due to its performance and reliability.
Although perhaps not as smooth, this blade’s triple-ground teeth make it both fast and sharp. Additionally, the blade thickness adds a great deal of stability and control to the overall design. There is no question you can use this saw to cut pretty much every type of wood, but it can also cut plastic and thin metals that you find in everyday life.
The ergonomic handle also shows that thought was put into it. As a result of its unique design, the saw is easy to maneuver for anyone, regardless of their hand size. Furthermore, the high-density resin construction makes your hand last longer. This saw’s blade doesn’t respond well to sharpening and that seems to be the only problem. However, if you consider the unbeatable price, it shouldn’t be a deal-breaker. In general, we think this is a great option if you are looking for a general-purpose saw.
- Cuts quickly and smoothly thanks to a universal tooth grind
- A comfortable grip is achieved by the construction of the ergonomic handle from high-density resin
- Due to its triple-ground teeth, this saw is capable of cutting up to 3x faster than other saws
- Provides smoothness and control thanks to a unique lacquer coating
- Relative to its performance, it’s priced very reasonably
Even better than a hand saw? A hand saw that uses electricity. Adding electric power to an already highly versatile tool, like this one from Black+Decker, delivers all the benefits. On a practical level, you could say that this electric hand saw performs both like a hand saw and a chainsaw. Its versatility and user-friendliness come from its convenient design and lightweight build, as well as the features that make it convenient and easy to use.
Additionally, the ergonomic design makes it easy and convenient to operate. It’s easy to set up and start using this product. It’s not necessary to push back and forth as you would with a manual hand saw – that’s done for you. Simply plug it in and switch it on. With its super-sharp blade, the saw itself is able to cut through wood, plastic, and even metal, making cutting incredibly easy. Furthermore, it can be easily replaced once it becomes dull.
Despite all of these features, this saw is also strong enough to be used professionally due to its versatility. We don’t think you can go wrong with this electric hand saw if you’re looking for the best electric hand saw. I really can’t think of anything I dislike about it.
- Portable and easy to store thanks to its convenient bag
- Metal and even the toughest of materials are no match for this tool
- Compact and lightweight design provides a high level of maneuverability
- During operation, does not make much noise
- It’s easy to use, so it’s perfect for beginners
There is an impressive amount of tension in the frame of this hacksaw – up to 50,000 pounds per square inch – which eliminates any flexing and maximizes cutting accuracy. A big reason why I’m a fan of the Lenox Tools 12132HT50 is its construction. The tank-like construction makes it very durable. The rubber handle gives it a very sturdy feel, and it has a rock-solid feel.
It’s perfect for those times when you need a jab saw since it also accepts Lenox reciprocating saw blades. Anyone who doesn’t have a lot of space or wants to lug around tools might find it useful. Up to five backup blades can also be stored in the handle. Simple mechanisms are used for changing out and replacing blades.
The saw is recommended by Yahoodian because it will work great for most tasks. Both amateurs and professionals can utilize this high-quality saw.
- With its I-beam structure, the LENOX hacksaw is capable of pulling up to 50,000 pounds of tension
- Despite cold and wet conditions, rubberized handles provide confident handling
- For use as a jab saw, Hacksaw takes any LENOX reciprocating saw blade
- In the I-beam, you can store up to five additional 12-inch hacksaw blades for your LENOX hacksaw
- The hacksaw blade comes with all hacksaws and measures 12 inches by 24 TPI
Weighing just 5.07 pounds, this WORX lightweight circular saw is one of the best circular saws for transporting from job site to job site. Since the blade is on the left-hand side, the user can see it more clearly during use, and its strong motor can run through a range of materials.
With this tool, you’ll be able to make simple and quick depth changes, utilize a laser guide, a dust blower, and a safety button. As one customer put it, “I bought this to cut openings in 12.5-inch plywood, and 5-inch sheetrock in the ceiling that is hard to reach.”. A good cut is achieved, and the saw went through the plywood without a problem. Lightweight, well-balanced, and easy to hold. This device is easy for your work. So I suggest that you buy the best electric hand saw for cutting wood.
- Due to its compact & lightweight design, WORX Circular Saw can be operated with only one hand and for a long time, thanks to its 5.07-pound weight.
- (POWERFUL MOTOR) Easily cut through ceramic, stone, wood, aluminum, PVC, brick, and many other materials with the high-speed 4000-RPM motor.
- You can quickly switch the depth and angle of this mini compact saw to accommodate all sorts of different cuts.
- The blade has a left-sided design and an integrated laser light for excellent cut-line visibility.
- You can find your most comfortable grip using the slim handle, and you are able to cut with precision.
As a result of its unique Japanese double-edged design, this saw is useful for a wide range of cutting and sawing applications. Using this hand saw, you can easily cut through various materials with ease since it’s made from Japanese steel that’s incredibly durable and sharp. Cutting wood with great precision and minimal effort is easy with this lightweight hand saw.
- The product on this page is a Japanese-type pull saw. Push saws, as they are commonly known, cut materials by pushing, hence their name. This product, however, has characteristics of a Japanese saw, which cuts materials by pulling, hence the name “pull saw.”
- Japanese steel makes up the basis of all SUIZAN Japanese saws. Sharp cuts are made possible by the use of high-quality Japanese steel.
- Japanese master craftsmen manufacture all SUIZAN products in Japan. One of Japan’s towns renowned for its craft-making tradition has a history of more than 100 years of making Japanese hand tools.
- No matter where you are in your woodworking journey, using the Japanese-style saws will give you a brand new experience of what you can do with them. You will be able to create an assortment of new woodworking products, and thus change the course of your life!
Low force is required to operate this hand saw. Premium materials are used in the construction of this product. The materials are highly durable and don’t bend or break under high pressure.
This hand saw is foldable, and it is equipped with a carbon steel blade that has a medium tooth pattern for cutting wood, bone, and plastic up to four inches in diameter. Hand saws are very safe to carry as they are equipped with strong gear locks that prevent the blade from snapping open in a pocket or backpack.
- A durable 8-inch blade made of medium-tooth SK5 carbon steel is the key to the EverSaw Folding Saw’s high quality. Our small hand saw comes with an ergonomic and non-slip design with a ribbed rubber handle so that you always have a good grip
- Your backpacking saw is designed for pull-cut sawing with triple-cut razor teeth. Each tooth is 9 teeth per inch (9TPI) for smooth fast sawing. Featuring a hardened cutting edge that stays sharp even after many cuts, the small saw for wood will cut through branches, bones, and even PVC plastic up to four inches in diameter
- Our pocket folding saw works well for camping, survival, yard work, and landscaping projects. Besides using it as a folding camp saw, backpack saw, folding tree saw, folding garden saw, survival saw, tree branch saw, limb saw, the game saw, and adding it to your hunting set, you can also use it as a mini folding saw for eating.
- We have designed our blade specifically with stronger dependable gear locks to secure the open blade firmly in place with your foldable saw so that your safety is a top priority. Its full length when extended is 17 inches and its closed length is 912-inches without any teeth to provide safe carrying
- If you experience any problems with your HPG product, we will provide a full replacement warranty. Whenever you encounter problems, questions, or issues, feel free to contact HPG directly through the Amazon messaging system.
Buyer Guide & Reviews
In order to get your money’s worth and acquire something you can actually use, you need to watch out for a few factors before buying a hand saw. If you are looking for a reliable tool to use on your next woodworking project, we will show you some of the most significant factors to consider.
Types of Hand Saws
For the project you are trying to complete successfully, you must first select the right type of hand saw. You can choose from a variety of hand saws below
Using a Hacksaw
The blade of a hacksaw measures between 10 and 12 inches in length. Their common design features a c-shaped frame that creates effective tension on the blades during cutting. Metal and plastic materials are cut quite nicely by these saws thanks to their fine-toothed edges, and they are commonly used for cutting through metal and plastic.
Saw For Woodworking
You will need a woodworking saw if you want a blade with fine teeth for precise cutting. Woodworking and other crafts and arts often require the use of these types of saws.
Hardened steel is usually used for hand saw blades, as it is more durable. Different types of hand saws have different blade shapes.
How to Handle
Consideration must also be given to the handle or grip. It is more comfortable to cut through the wood when you have a good grip on the handle. When picking a hand saw, choose one with an ergonomic handle if you plan to do a lot of woodworking with it. The best part of it is that you can optimize it with excellent comfort and better control.